Winter in Idaho is all about recreation!
Smiley Creek Lodge rents Polaris and Yamaha Snowmobiles for guided or unguided trips through this winter wonderland. There are over 185 miles of groomed trail that head north from Smiley Creek. On one of our rental snowmobiles, experience the scenic groomed trails or have one of our experienced guides can show you some of the special places in the Sawtooth Basin, such as, the view over Stanley Lake or Redfish Lake in winter.
For those looking for a slower pace, we also rent snowshoes and Smiley Creek Lodge is located just three miles away from The Alturas Lake Nordic Ski Trail providing over 16K of groomed skating and classic Nordic trails. The Sawtooth, White Cloud and Boulder mountains around Smiley Creek have abundant terrain for backcountry skiing or snowboarding.
Smiley Creek Lodge offers a variety of services for those enjoying the rugged beauty of this special place in the mountains of central Idaho.
- We have a restaurant offering local and seasonal specials as well as home-style favorites. We have an ice cream parlor serving delicious hand- dipped milkshakes and a variety of ice cream flavors.
- Our deli provides a variety of sandwiches and wraps that are made to order.
- We offer a variety of lodging options from lodge rooms with private baths, cabins with shared baths and, in the summer, teepees, RV sites and tent camping.
- Our store features unique and interesting gifts, camping and sports supplies and some groceries.
- We also sell regular and premium gas and propane.
Please stop by for a picnic lunch to go on your way out, or come and stay for a while and enjoy everything the Sawtooth Basin has to offer.